- Availability: In Stock
Eudlo Novelty Number Plate
Aluminium with embossed border
EUDLO is a small hinterland town and locality on the Sunshine Coast in South East Queensland, Australia. At the 2011 Australian Census Eudlo recorded a population of 1,128. The name EUDLO originated from the local Aboriginal term for the fresh water eel.
Eudlo Creek rises in the south west of Eudlo, and also in the areas is Mossy Bank Mountain, a summit along an easterly protruding spur of the Blackall Range.
Cattlemen and timbergetters came to the area from the 1860s, but land was not made available for agricultural selection until the 1880s. The first selector was James Steele in 1887. In 1891, the section of the North Coast railway line from Landsborough to Yandina was opened. It brought closer settlement to the whole district, and facilitated the transport of passengers, timber, fruit and produce. Eudlo Post Office opened on 1 March 1891. A sawmill was built at Eudlo and large quantities of timber from the Blackall Range, and surrounding forests, were either treated at the mill or railed to other centres. The timber industry was the means of livelihood for the early settlers. Eudlo State School was opened in on 6 September 1897